Monday 21 September 2009

As the sun goes down, it’s time to dress up by Marina Fogle

After weeks of pretty summer dresses over bikinis, and combined with the distinctly autumnal weather we’ve been having, it’s time to get back into jeans and glam up a bit.

I’ve just bought this great sequined cardigan from mango – it goes perfectly over my black straight leg J-Brand maternity jeans and gives a bit of sparkle to the darker evenings.

I’ve invested in three pairs of good jeans for my pregnancy, one white, one dark blue and now as winter approaches I really do need the black. I find that the straight leg smartens them up, so teamed with the right top, can be perfect for day or evening. The thought of putting on skinny jeans right now makes me want to be sick, so a straight leg is ideal.

As none of my basic tops fit over my bump any longer, I’ve bulk bought a load – my favourite fit by far is the rouched skinny-strap cami from Mama La Mode. I prefer the rouching over my belly than flat as it somehow makes it look less huge. These come in ivory and black and are the perfect staple over jeans and covered with an interesting cardigan.


To finish off the evening look, I can’t resist including this ivy leaf pendant by Pippa Small – it’s time to celebrate autumn after all….

1 comment

Jackie R said...

Its definitely autumn now, and I too have bought a couple of pairs of jeans to (hopefully) see me through. I am alo looking for a loose fitting cashmere top which will be warm and roomy.
Does anyone have a best suggestion?

Jackie

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT